Playwrights Canada Press (PLCN) is seeking a Marketing Coordinator. The mandate of PLCN is to raise the profile of Canadian theatre and theatre practitioners, promote dramatic literature, and contribute to the Canadian theatrical canon. PLCN strives to publish diverse and engaging Canadian plays and dramatic criticism of literary merit.
We’re looking for a creative and organized person, reporting to the Publisher, to
- Prepare and execute marketing and publicity plans for 25+ titles annually, and present upcoming books to our sales force twice a year
- Maintain a marketing budget
- Write promotional copy for seasonal catalogues and advertisements
- Create content for monthly newsletter
- Organize book launches and author readings
- Manage brand across all social media
- Fulfill e-commerce orders and handle customer service duties
- Organize book tables and attend conferences and festivals in Canada and occasionally in the US
- A university degree in a related field or related work experience
- Courses or certificate in a publishing program an asset
- Experience with event planning and customer service
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience writing creative copy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits based in our downtown Toronto office. Occasional travel is required. You must occasionally be able to lift boxes of 30lbs. Please note that our office is located on the second floor of a building without an elevator.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Publisher Annie Gibson: email@example.com. Applications and queries will be kept confidential. The deadline for applications is November 17.
PLCN is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports and values diversity in the workplace.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.