Playwrights Canada Press invites submissions of English-language one-act plays to be included in a new anthology for publication in 2014. Specifically we are seeking new or previously published plays suitable for high schools. If previously published, the submission must include information on how to contact the publisher. If the play is unpublished, please indicate where reading scripts can be obtained. Translations into English will be accepted.
Only electronic submissions in the form of a Word document or PDF will be accepted. The deadline for submissions is May 3, 2013. This call is only open to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
Please send all submissions and inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- • A cover page detailing the playwright’s name, address, city, postal code, phone
number, and email address for each submission.
- • A short biography of the playwright (max 100 words).
- • The title, publication information (if applicable), and a brief synopsis (max 100
words) of the play.
- • Plays should have a running time of no more than 1 hour.
- • A maximum of 3 submissions per playwright will be accepted.
- • The name of the playwright and the title of the play as the subject line.
**All submitted pages should include the playwright’s name, the title, and current page number**
- • Call for Scripts: January 2012
- • Submission deadline: May 3, 2013
- • Selection of scripts: July 2013
ONLY THE PLAYWRIGHTS CHOSEN TO BE INCLUDED IN THE PUBLICATION WILL BE CONTACTED. No phone calls please.